Here at Rondanini, family and fine, quality Italian food are at the heart of our business. Rondanini are the UK’s primary supplier, producers, and importers of fine, quality Italian foods. Having supplied many restaurants, retailers, and other food service groups since 1989, we are renowned for our innovative, pragmatic, and creative approach to food solutions.
A new opportunity has arisen at Rondanini as our Commercial Manager South at our London HQ.
Location: Herne Hill / hybrid 3 days in the office.
Competitive base salary based on experience, performance related A package.
We are looking for an Commercial Manager to create long-term, trusting relationships with our customers. The Commercial Manager’s role is to oversee a portfolio of assigned customers, develop new business from existing clients and actively seek new sales opportunities nurturing relationships based on partnership collaboration and trust.
- Operating as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to accounts assigned
- Grow sales and develop strong relationships with all the customers
- Responsible to meet day to day requirements of the customers respecting the business priorities and KPI assigned
- Best in class execution of customer joint business plans that will deliver against the companies’ objectives.
- Drive awareness of the business capabilities by gaining new listings;
- Responsible for maintaining profit levels for customer portfolio;
- Build strategic trade plans to drive volume and hit margins hurdles for both the business and the customers.
- Plan and execute new product development (NPD) launches with profitable long-term agreements;
- Become an expert on the category and the shopper, leveraging key pieces of insight when presenting to customers;
- Use available data to interpret and identify opportunities
- Learn from and collaborate with the wider team to consistently deliver results
- Work cross functionally within the project matrix to make sure a team approach is always delivered and buy-in of all stakeholders is achieved
- Drive distribution of existing and new products. Manage product mix to maximise margin.
- Hit all KPIs set in line with the annual budget, margin and personal objectives.
- Business related degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong track-record in FMCG sales within chilled / fresh prepared foods is essential.
- Demonstrable experience in account management, working with retail customers within the UK
- Previous exposure to major retailer(s) – Tesco, Sainsbury, M&S, Waitrose;
- Ability to Network & Influence throughout the Retail Matrix Space (Supply, Marketing, Finance etc)
- A strong background with a proven record for building and growing sales whilst executing Joint Business Plans with the customers.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Commercially astute and financially savvy
- Entrepreneurial attitude and a driven go-getter
- Passionate about food
- Profit and loss understanding and disciplined commercial reporting;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Proven customer management skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communicator
- Driven and self-motivated with an appetite to build strong internal/external relationships.
- High levels of integrity and trust, demonstrating strong ethics and values.